The advantage of competency-based online learning over traditional methods are:
- It’s interactive – training material including videos, and voice-linked presentations.Subject matter experts in your company can share their unique knowledge in perpetuity.
- It’s engaging – the use of rich media such as video, sound bites and interactive tools and games makes online learning for active and interesting.
- It’s efficient – automatically-marked tests and assessments allow employees to get immediate feedback.
- It’s flexible – employees learn on their own schedule and at their own pace allowing them to adjust for work and family commitments.
- It’s affordable – programs are considerably less expensive because students don’t attend formal classes, and trainers prepare material once for long-term use.
- It’s personalized to the employee’s proficiency level, interests, time available and personal motivation. Online training can also provide introverted employees a safe place to ask questions and engage with more experienced colleagues. Tutors can engage with individual students via the system.
- It’s transparent – learning content, questions and feedback are tailored to the student and the subject by experts in the field.