Use the latest technology to enhance learning and training experiences while tracking outcomes automatically.
eLearning is flexible – employees learn on their own schedule and at their own pace, allowing them to adjust for work and family commitments. It is also more affordable because there are no formal classes, and trainers prepare material once for long-term use.
Moodle does not have ongoing “per seat” or “per course” license fees so you save long-term.
- Let us implement your Moodle framework, which is the most popular eLearning platform with South African universities.
- I work with your HR and training teams to brainstorm and define what your trainees and your executive management need from the system, what they COULD have, and how Moodle can be adapted to you to improve the fit. This can be as simple as a meeting, or can be part of a larger “change management” programme (a facilitated session where you allow stakeholders to define and articulate their own needs).
- The initial “Look and Feel”. The devices and objectives of users is a critical consideration. If you are doing only internal training, staff will use a fast internal IT infrastructure. If the system is for Doctor education – they might be in Ugandan village with nothing but a cell phone.
- Selection, installation and parameterisation of functional modules based on your strategic requirements. You are usually provided with a prototype of your system on our development server, so your team can monitor progress and test options. Then a clean version of the entire final system is moved to your server.
- Your IT team (which can be anywhere in the world) would need to give me online access to a secure web server. There are some minimum technical specifications, but they aren’t excessive. You would not start to add real content until you have a totally secure server environment.
- The system has security updates once or twice a year. It is not a complicated process but requires taking backups and access to the server. Your IT team will probably prefer to do it, but I can assist if you don’t have trained personnel.
- Once the system is operational, you might call me in at your convenience to investigate new functionality.
Training Content creation
Change the way your company thinks about training materials!
- Let me assist with the conversion of existing PDF documents and PowerPoint presentations to sophisticated interactive, rich-media tools including video (Scorm compliant) and .azw or .mobi eBooks.
- I work with your internal teams to identify opportunities for scenario-based training (online role-playing), gamification and structuring induction, training courses and assessments.
- Voice selection and facilitation for professional, multi-language audio track recording on presentations (before converting to Scorm or other LMS formats)
Budgets are usually around CA$ 20 000 for system implementation excluding travel and any server equipment. Hosted “cloud-based” solutions are also an option – Moodle is designed to be a secure online environment.
Timing averages 3 months from the strategy planning session to the first courses going live online. I can train your staff in administration of the system, and best practice for converting existing materials to effective training modules.
For a company looking to train its employees on new protocols or systems, eLearning is a way to get everyone together in a virtual learning environment, even if the employees are scattered across the country and live in different time zones. It also allows them to cover the same material at a time that’s convenient, making it a very flexible option.
Online training is easy to access from anywhere and allows your learners to pace themselves however they need. If you have employees across the country or globe, online training ensures that they’re all receiving the same information and learning the same policies.
By using a learning management system to deliver your training, you are ensuring that your employees can access it whenever they need to, and do not need to delay until the “start of the course”.
Immediate and Cost-Effective
Providing online training to your staff is an immediate, cost-effective way of delivering training. It boosts productivity and engagement. Online training streamlines knowledge sharing, allowing a sales staff to get out there and sell instead of wasting time sitting through a training lecture. In addition, you cut down on the costs of speakers, travel and facilities required for in-person training.